Saturday, July 17, 2010

About Me

My name is Tracy. I am a 22 year old female. I am not going to take the time to explain Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) to you, because if you are looking at this page it most likely means you were searching for it and already know what it is. However, I have added some links at the bottom of the page to help explain what it is if you don't know. I have had HS for seven years now. It started out as a bump here and there, but it would go away quickly. From there, it has progressively gotten worse. Over the last year and a half, it became more of an issue to deal with as the lumps would rise and become incredibly painful - some of which would break open. Doctors treating me put me on antibiotics to try and help control the lumps... however, none were effective for me. So we scheduled surgery to remove the affected tissue on my left axilla.
In this picture you can see the purple scars where there used to be lumps, also there is a huge lump in the middle of the armpit that you can't see due to the angle of the camera. At this point I had not been able to raise my arm up higher than my shoulder.
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa


The next morning, February 19th, 2010, I went in to have the lump excised from my armpit. The surgeon wound up having to go in a lot farther than she though she would because the lump went all the way past my lymph nodes. When I woke up, I was told that I had a drain in my arm that would have to come out in seven to ten days and the stitches would come out in fourteen days. There was also a very massive band-aid that covered my entire armpit. It went up half of the front of my shoulder and matched the height on the other side. After three days, I was allowed to take this off. This was very painful and it tore off some of the skin that was on my shoulder, taking us about a half hour to get the whole thing off. It took another half hour to get most of the adhesive off of my skin. Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of this or of the drain that I had. Post-op Day Five, I started leaking a massive amount of green/yellow fluid from the drain. I called the surgeon and went in to get checked out. She said I had nothing to worry about and that it was just lymph fluid. She decided at that time that she would take out the drain out which was only a couple days early, but what shocked me was she decided to take the stitches out too. I went home and worked on physical therapy exercises on my arm to regain my lost range of motion as I was instructed at this visit. Post-op Day Seven, I noticed that my incision was starting to open.
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa


It was only a small hole so I just left it alone for a few more days and next thing I knew it looked like this.
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa


So back to the surgeon I went again. They told me that it was fine and it would heal from the inside out and to just leave it open. The wound just kept getting deeper and deeper and more painful. I couldn't wear regular shirts because my shirt would get stuck inside the hole and I would have to rip it out. Then it finally started to look better and close. I thought I was almost done with it until the next day. It was all the way open again. I just didn't get it. I went to the surgeon again and she said it'll close in time and to just let it heal on its own. I would go through this cycle where it would start to close then open up. Some days it would look great, but some day it would look like I just had surgery on it.

It is now July 17th, 2010 and this is how my left armpit looks almost 5 months post-op.
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are doing okay Tracey, I have now had just short of fifty operations at plastic surgery for HS, keep your chin up.

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. powerful herbal healer called Dr. voodoo who use his natural herbs to cure
      my HIV disease I suffered from 5years, but now I am a happy woman and i am
      free from this disease that has been problem to my living, after using Dr.
      voodoo herbal medicine within 1week i was diagnose negative, I will
      recommend Dr. voodoo to everyone reading this article because this herbal
      healer is capable to heal anything below.

      1. Diabetes
      2. HERPES 1/2
      3. CANCER
      4. Lymphoma disease
      5. Conceived a child
      6. Fibroid

      Email Dr voodoo at: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com add Dr. voodoo on
      whatsApp: +2348140120719

      Delete
  2. Dear HS sufferer,

    How do we prove to you that this treatment is different from the rest?
    There are too many remedies and recommendations out there, when a real treatment & info is in front of you, how do you tell this is the one that works all the way to complete recovery?

    Our agency is Lux Research -Give us One & a half months, after taking our course treatment and that
    should be enough proof - since almost everyone who took our formula mentioned
    they noticed the difference, the Transformation and the improvement is significant and people will be able to tell the change is going in the right direction - improvement and symptoms disappear or less intense means - this treatment works.

    One month & half - 45 days is not enough to cure but it is sufficient time
    to compare the Before and AFter RESULTS and that is the sign & clue that tells you this is it and all you have to do is continue and you'll get over this (hateful) disease.

    Hidradenitis suppurativa is an autoimmune disease and is caused by Antibodies to gluten.


    How & Why - the mechanism is called Oral Tolerance (O.T.).
    Basically - O.T. - subjects ingest tiny doses of antigen over time and the Theory is the
    immune system develops a tolerance to that particular antigen and in time will lead
    to a cure.


    If you want more info on Oral Tolerance , please view:
    http://suite101.com/article/oral-tolerance-therapy-a8796


    However, the O.T Explanation . is too simple - The Most Important advances are given by authority & Expert - Dr. Polly Matzinger who says O. T. depends on the T suppressor cell which lowers Antibody production.

    Dr. Matzinger's theory - there are 2 signals for T cell full Activation:
    1.) first an antigen -We cannot use gluten, it causes HS, instead a peptide similar to gluten - this primes or makes ready theT cell. But without the 2nd signal the T cell remains in anergy( no activity).
    2.) the Second signal - is CD80 or CD86 - either one is enough to make the Tcell go thru the changes that makes it a fully activated cell.

    People produce CD80/CD86 but in autoimmune patients it is not enough
    to fix HS.

    However, there is a safe way of inducing the blood to produce CD80/86 factor & that is through Herbs.
    EXamples:
    1.) Agaricus bisporus - can induce CD80 . Agaricus bisporus is the white Button mushroom or champignon mushroom found in most U.S. and Canadian supermarkets.


    see article http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18287364



    2.) Goji berry known as Lycium barbarum - juice and extracts induces CD80-available from most Food supplement stores & the internet

    See article http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19170138

    In our treatment, a course is 21 days.
    Moderate cases need - 3 to 4 months.
    Severe - need 4 &Half to 5 &half months treatment.

    If you get this treatment, you will know it will be successful since every course, there
    is transformation that brings better and better results than the previous course.

    Altho, we have cures, it is not enough to be accepted by the Medical
    community and we have to go by THEIR Rules.

    We are giving our Treatment free to HS folks. We shoulder all costs
    including Air Mail expenses to you.
    This is a win-win situation, you get healed and we get acceptance.

    WE will write an article for submission to a health, New medicine or Research
    journal.

    If you are interested in trials, please write us.
    himmerland2000@yahoo.ca

    Lux Research - a division of Lux Health Resources,
    BC, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am very interested in trials. I have suffered with HS for most of my life and tried every thing anyone suggests. My doctors have treated me for years and nothing has helped. I would be grateful to participate in your trials.

    ReplyDelete