Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 15

I got a call at 8am from the supplier asking if I had received what had been ordered yet...I told her no and she said she would figure out whats going on seems how I should have received them on the 23rd... the day after she ordered them.  My nurse then showed up around 12:30ish and she had enough supplies to last one more day and said I should have my supplies by tomorrow, which is fine cause I meet with the surgeon in the morning and they will change my dressing. She took the dressing off my arm and the xenoform had gotten stuck to the area with no skin graft, but it didn't hurt when she peeled it off....thank goodness. However, it did bleed some, but not much again. She dressed it as best she could, we no longer have the keflex gauze that we have been wrapping around my arm to keep the ABD in place without having to use much tape so we have regular role gauze that you can buy from Meijer, which just doesn't work as well and requires more tape to keep it from rolling. She also has to use one medium ABD and one small ABD tapped together to make it big enough. Thank god we had the xenoform, barely enough but it worked. I'm not seeing a big change in the graft site compared to yesterday. There is a little less meshing I suppose...
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa

I didn't take a picture of the donor site, but it is a little more dark and has a few more cracks. Really hoping she takes the Tegaderm off for good .....

My skin is slowly becoming not so dry. My hands are still peeling, my feet are still rough, but my face feels much better.

As of right now I wont be healed until a couple days after school starts if it goes as planned. I should be having my surgery in early October late September sometime and I don't feel that missing 5 weeks out of the semester will be a good idea. How do I catch up from that? Especially if I don't understand something. Going to school in the fall is not looking promising, but if I get my second one done in October I should be healed by January when winter semester starts. But we will figure that out more as the time comes.

Wish me luck at the doctors appointment tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. i wish you luck just like you told me to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy your so brave. I have something that seems like this where I get large painful looks like a boil that never comes to a head under my arm pits and also my groin area. Lot's of dark purple scars. They never so come to a head because the puss sack in on the underside. I get them cut out and he doesn't stitch the site close he packs it for a few days and it has to heal from the inside out so it stops filling up. This last one has been three weeks and it is still not healed and still draining. Is this what your problem was? Mine seem to come while I'm on my period which makes me think it's hormonal?
    Please let me know. Hope you heal up soon.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete