Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 12

My nurse came around 11am today and brought something that is supposed to be a no tape system so I didn't need much tape on me. Unfortunately it didn't work very well. So we went back to our old system, which still doesn't put to much tape on me so it's nice. The site where the skin graft didn't take bled a little after she took off the dressing, she cleaned it up for me and said that it was still healing. The bleeding is a good sign cause it means I still have blood flowing to the area. The graft is looking alright about the same as yesterday I think. The nurse took extra care not to touch the staple that hurt yesterday, which was great. It only hurts slightly as I'm sitting here, unless I move which I'm not supposed to do so I guess it helps me.  The nurse also called her business and made sure that they blocked that other nurse that I did not like from coming to do my care. I also found out she only works every third weekend, so she works this weekend then the next two I have to have a different nurse which is not cool.
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa

You can see that the mesh is starting to heal together which is awesome!

My donor site is looking good still not to much different I don't think, but then I haven't compared them side to side yet. 
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Yes there is still that wonderful piece of tape that blocks some stuff, but eventually it will come off or you can see the full thing when the Tegaderm comes off.
That's all for tonight.

1 comment:

  1. all I can say is wow....these pics are scary to say the least, only because I know i will probley have to go threw this at some point because mine just seem to get worse as the time goes on! Good luck on your healing process, they look so much better!

    ReplyDelete