Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 11

My nurse came around 1pm today... so yea I've been lazy on getting to this... I really have nothing else to do. If I leave home and the nurse agency finds out they stop my care and make me go to the wound clinic... and it's just hard to do anything anyway.  But back to other stuff.... The nurse started with my armpit first. My armpit is looking a lot better... it's amazing the difference between yesterday and today. As for my post earlier about my staples .... I was right that it had to do with them... but it was just 1 staple. The nurse was putting down my xenoform and she always touches the staples, which is fine it never hurt before. She was going around and she touched one and I thought I was going to die. It hurt so much it was crazy. She apologized up and down, and I know she didn't mean to do it so it wasn't a big deal I wasn't mad at her it just hurt a lot. She said it wasn't red or swollen. She said we'd keep a close eye on it though for infection, or it may have just got moved around in my skin and hurt because of that and it may stop in a few days. Hopefully when AI see the surgeon on Tuesday she just takes them out :-) 
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa


For my leg she took all the gauze off and it had not leaked at all from the Tegaderm. Then we decided that putting some water proof tape over the edges where the leaks had been would be the best choice so I didn't have to have gauze all up and down my leg.  My graft is looking amazing, better than yesterday. I'm surprised at the rate that it is healing. I'm also hoping that Tuesday I get to take the Tegaderm off. Also for the picture I tried to get the whole site in it this time. I sort of succeeded, however there is a piece of tape that some nurse stuck on it in the hospital that we can't get off or we will rip the Tegaderm. So it is kind of in the way as well.

From Hidradenitis Suppurativa

Hope you have a good night!!

2 comments:

  1. Your pics are looking good....I would love to see a pic of your leg when you are standing up....if thats possible

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sheena PoldoskiLol that is a picture of my standing.. I'm just leaning up against a bed, but still standing..

    ReplyDelete