Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 10

Well all day my dressing has been pulling at my staples more than usual. which was kind of a pain in the butt. I moved around a lot more today too, and tried really hard not to move my arm in the process so hopefully I didn't screw up my graft. My new nurse that will be with me the rest of the time came today and she was great... thank god cause if I got another one like the other day ... I would be really unhappy.  She took my arm dressing off and said she thinks it's looking really good. There was some oozing stuff on the back part, so she cleaned that off and dressed it much better than the other nurses.
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa

So the middle part is looking a lot better. The area that isn't taking is still about the same size so that's great.
My donor site is looking great ... one day I'll get a picture of how big the donor site actually is... maybe tomorrow when she takes off the patches I'll try to get a full picture. But for now this is what I have.
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa


Now for some bad news.... My left armpit still not healing... It's feeling a ton worse, and making it hard to move again. The wonderful red ring is getting worse around it which generally means the infection is getting worse....
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa


So I'm gonna make an appointment with me PCP and have them do another culture to make sure they put me on the right antibiotic for it.  Hopefully it will help it some.... the pain is awful.


That's all I got for the day. Thanks for the emails everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I really am so sorry to hear about the other arm....that does look pretty painful. Even though this is a horrible process for you, Im so glad I found you on here to hear about what your going threw everyday. This makes me feel less like im going threw this kind of stuff on my own. I give you huge props for putting the word out like this. I wish I had more time so I could also do it, but ontop of being sick and in alot of pain with this disease i have a 2 year old little boy I have to try to keep up with! Maybe someday I will be able to help put the word out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day, I came across your blog. I'm praying on your spirit as it's tough to have to disassociate from all this pain and then have to bring it all back in after recovery. There's support groups out there for trauma. Keep yourself cared for! Plenty of love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete