Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 8

My nurse didn't come until 7pm today... so kinda late. So I had a new nurse today.... I didn't like her for many reasons. She decided that she was going to start with my donor site first so that's what I'm gonna talk about first. She took off the patch dressings that have to go on the edges of the Tegaderm (plastic wrap stuff that is over my donor site)and put new ones on. It took her forever to put the tape on the new dressings because she couldn't figure out how to take the backing off of the tape. But my donor site is looking awesome. It's turning quite a nice shade of pink. There is still some red and fluids but doing great.
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa


Then she moved onto my arm... She took the wrap off my arm, then she took the ABD off (which is a gauze like pad), then she took off the gauze and said "eww". In my head I was wondering why did she just said eww... that's not professional. Then she took off the xenophorm (sp?) and was VERY squeamish about it she didn't want to touch me...believe me you could tell... she was picking at it with one hand and only two fingers. So needles to say when she was trying to pull it off of my staples it hurt more than usual. Not enough to really complain, but still it would have hurt less if she wasn't being like that. So anyway she got it off and it started bleeding a ton. Well it's not supposed to bleed... it's not good. It bled for a good 15 minutes and she was trying to get a hold of the doctor. He told her that because I have an appointment in the morning to just dress it and I should be fine for the night. He also said that if I started to bleed again that I  needed to go into the ER. My armpit looks worse than yesterday.
From Hidradenitis Suppurativa

There were a few questions on some of the forums that they asked me to answer in here, but I'm not really up to doing it tonight so I will try to tomorrow after I get the news from my doctor. I'm sure I'm forgetting something I want to say.... so I'll either edit after I remember or write it in tomorrows blog.

Have a great night!!

1 comment:

  1. That makes me mad that they sent a nurse that was acting like that.....this is something horrible to deal with and then on top of it you have a nurse that said Ewww. I would have slapped her. Im sorry that you had to deal with that. Hopefully you will get a better nurse the next time.....and your right your donor site is looking better!

    ReplyDelete